It's time to dust off those ugly sweaters and invite your friends over for a classic ugly Christmas sweater party. It seems like each year the sweaters get more ridiculous - and increasingly easier to find. (insert old timer accent here) Back in my day, we had to hunt high and low, canvas every thrift store in town, and eBay to find the perfect, hideous sweater.
But alas, times have changed and we are totally on board for any reason to throw a party. And a themed party is even better! So we've rounded up a few of our favorite ugly Christmas sweater party ideas, cocktails and decor to get you started on your own epic sweater party planning.
Cheers to ugly sweaters!
Ugly Christmas Sweater Party Cocktails:
Because no party is complete without a signature cocktail, we've picked a few Christmas themed cocktails that will get everyone in a festive mood. Our personal favorite is the candy cane pudding shots. If you haven't tried pudding shots before - you're welcome. They. Are. Amazing.
1. White Christmas mojito from Half Baked Harvest
2. Jingle juice holiday punch from Inspired by Charm
3. Candy cane pudding shots from Dad What's 4 Dinner
4. Peppermint mocha white Russian from With Salt and Wit
Ugly Christmas Sweater Party Food:
Indulge your guests in a few over the top Christmas-y desserts dripping in red and green sugar. Tis the season y'all. And definitely don't miss this boozy Christmas fudge (see #2 below), sugar plus liquor, yes please!
1. Grinch rice krispie treats from Two Sisters Crafting
2. Boozy Christmas fudge from The Decorated Cookie
3. Frosted sugar cookie dip from Homemade Hooplah
4. Grinch pretzel bites from Sarah's Bake Studio
Ugly Christmas Sweater Party Cocktail Sticks:
While the main event is everyone's crazy sweaters, there is still room for a few more festive additions to your party. Top off everyone's drink with a little extra flair with a set of holiday themed Swizzly Sticks from our shop.